As I continue my reign as “worst blogger to ever follow a regular schedule,” I thought I’d explain my bad blog behavior these last number of months. You see, I’ve been a little preoccupied.
First, there are the ever-growing adventures of Callum, His Royal Cuteness, which include in no particular order:
- killing things and leaving them at the doorstep for me step on (I have spared you the pictures). I keep encouraging him to go after the turkey buzzards instead of the bunnies and field mice. So far, he hasn’t sprouted wings to do so.
- gaining weight which has Husband declaring him”chubby,” and we aren’t having any fat kid. So, I spend an inordinate amount of NOT sharing my salmon and asparagus with him, both of which he luuuuvs, and feeling guilty about him being relegated to the Science Diet adult food.
- teaching him “off” as he leaps and jumps any time people are around, especially women with brand spanking new tights.
- washing the red clay mud from his whiskers and feet making him resemble a reverse Santa Claus.
- figuring out there are more things to chew in the house than his toys and chewies including shoes, boots, our foam roller, pillows, towels, dirty laundry (his favorite!), art supplies, especially posterboard, and stink bugs.
- and finally, searching the Web for cute costumes. Here he is is dressed for Oktoberfest. The hat lasted five minutes.
Secondly, I am writing a book about which I am obsessed. Here’s the inspiration for one lead character:
Sorry about the mental whiplash you may have experienced, going from doggy lederhosen to those eyes. But, see, see, see? Obsession. My book is a love, crime, political intrigue kinda novel. Given this guy’s face (Andrew Stetson for those uninitiated), I may have to throw in some racy sex scenes, too.
I could keep going all day with these, if you’d like. I have an extensive collection for this character. It’s research, after all.
These are the images pasted on my Inspiration Wall. (Every writer’s gotta have one.)
Thirdly — and this is not nearly as much fun as staring at those pictures above – there is actual real work to do. My business would be really great if it wasn’t for the fact people want things from me all the time. Something about “exchange” for paying me. I dunno.
So, there you have it. What I do when I’m not blogging.